In my previous work with The Gawler Foundation www.gawler.org as a therapist and group leader, my role included counselling clients who were newly diagnosed with cancer or re-diagnosed with a secondary cancer or recurrence.
With my background of Occupational Therapy, I continue to work in this area of lifestyle counselling, aiming to reduce stress and empower clients in their knowledge of their healing journey choices. I also lead and teach mindfulness-stillness meditation and relaxation techniques (see Meditation Group information) including the progressive muscular relaxation which many find so helpful for sleep issues.
Also, the use of Guided Imagery within a relaxed state can be enormously beneficial for the person diagnosed with cancer.
Guided Imagery has been shown to:
- Reduce fear and decrease feelings of helplessness when first diagnosed
- Reduce depression and instil confidence when one is feeling lost
- Reduce stress and tension at a time when the body needs it most
- Enhance immune response function & assist the bodys healing mechanisms
- Help manage pain
- Deepen intuitive skills to enable better choices
- Deepen ones will to live, an important factor in any prognosis
Also in relation to my Hypnosis work… the cancer sufferer can be assisted with…
- Anticipatory Nausea
- Relaxation Techniques
- Pain Management
- Clearing past trauma to ease the mind
If you’d like to book in for Cancer Counselling or simply ask a question, please contact me via the button on the right.
Home Visits by arrangement.